Saturday, October 24, 2009

Too Little Time



Fall is my favorite time of year...I love not having to run the air conditioner or the heater- except maybe at night if it gets a little too nippy. Better yet would be a wood fire in the woodstove! We miss that since we have been here in Oklahoma City. Our home in Ringwood had a beautiful Vermont Castings woodstove with a large window to watch the flames...
Ecclesiastes 1:8 "The eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing." No matter how often I see the beautiful autumn leaves, it is never enough. The beauty of this season passes much too quickly. Here I go again complaining of the Oklahoma climate! It's either too windy or too dry usually for longlasting splendor, but this year has been exceptional in that we have had plenty of rain this summer, and so far this fall...anyway I must post more beautiful pictures while I keep current with the season! My usual run of travel keeps me in our part of town- and the leaves where I go day by day seem to be more brown than colorfilled even though they are the same kind of trees as across town where there is LOVELY LOVELY Color--Thursday when I dropped Julia off for her piano lesson at OKCU, I went wandering around that area just looking and the trees over there are so much more colorful! I don't understand why there is such a difference. I felt "stabs of joy" just looking. I made it a point to look in our area again these last few days, and the color is definitely more brown than red,gold,yellow...We have some nice pin oaks in our yard, but they turn very fast- but they keep a lot of leaves through the winter until the new spring growth pushes them off. Some day I would like to get to travel in the fall to the places famous for their fall color. I have been to see the golden aspens in Colorado over 20 years ago...


"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love,and a time to hate; a time of war,and a time of peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8



He hath made everything beautiful in His time.
  


"I know that...every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor- it is the gift of God."
Ecclesiastes 3:13


"Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth, and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth...Remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh. Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."  From Ecclesiastes 11 and 12, The Holy Bible


moving lake fall Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment