Thursday, October 22, 2009

WATCH D.O.G.S.



Today is Galen's first day as a WatchD.O.G.S. at Ridgecrest Elementary where our two youngest attend.This is a program from the National Center for Fathering focusing on prevention of violence in our nation's schools by using the positive influence of fathers and father-figures.(Dads Of Great Students) volunteer for at least one day each year at a participating school. During the day, WatchDOGS may read with students, work on flash cards, monitor and mentor, assist with traffic flow, etc. Their presence offers additional security at the school during the day. The program was founded by a father in Arkansas who chose to take action in response to a 1998 middle-school shooting in his state, and was joined with the National Center for Fathering in 2006. This gives students a positive male role model and the fathers get a glimpse of their children's everyday world. Thanks, Dad, for taking the time to be involved!

God be in my head, And in my understanding.
God be in my eyes, And in my looking.
God be in my mouth, And in my speaking.
God be in my heart, And in my thinking.
God be at my end, And at my departing. (Sarum Primer)
-This is one of my favorite prayers.