Friday, November 13, 2009

Go Home For Thanksgiving




There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves. -Thomas Wolfe



Lord, behold our family here assembled. We thank Thee for this place in which we dwell; for the love that unites us; for the peace accorded us this day; for the hope with which we expect the morrow; for the health, the work, the food, and the bright skies that make our lives delightful; for our friends in all parts of the earth.
Give us courage, gaiety, and the quiet mind. Spare to us our friends, soften to us our enemies. Bless us, if it may be, in all our innocent endeavors. If it may not be, give us the strength to encounter that which is to come, that we be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temperate in wrath, and in all changes of fortune and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving to one another. Amen. -Robert Louis Stevenson




If there is righteousness in the heart,
there will be beauty in the character.
If there be beauty in the character,
there will be harmony in the home.
If there is harmony in the home,
there will be order in the nation.
When there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.
author unknown




So long as there are homes to which men turn at close of day; so long as there are homes where children are, where women stay--If love and loyalty and faith be found across those sills--A stricken nation can recover from its gravest ills.

So long as there are homes where fires burn and there is bread; so long as there are homes where lamps are lit and prayers are said; although people falter through the dark--and nations grope-- With God Himself back of these little homes--we have sure hope.    -Grace Noll Crowell




"Early on Thanksgiving morning before my family awakened, I began to form a list entitled Reasons For Gratitude. Then, halfway down the page I pensively wondered- Lord, do I give You any reasons to be thankful for me?" -Ruth Harms Calkin




I read, "In everything give thanks."
I said, "Lord, I'm in deep trouble-
You know I can't thank You for this."
He said, "My word is a command
And not a suggestion...dear child."
I read, "Your sins are forgiven you."
I said, "Thank You for forgiving me-
I repeat the same sin so often."
He said, "I can deliver, as well as forgive."
I read, "Trust in the Lord at all times."
I said, "You know how earnestly I try."
He said, "My word says Trust."
Lord, it seems to me You always have the last word.
-Ruth Harms Calkin



There is beauty in homely things which many people have never seen...sunlight through a jar of jelly; a rainbow in soapsuds in dishwater; an egg yolk in a blue bowl; white ruffled curtains sifting moonlight; the color of cranberry glass; a little cottage with blue shutters; crimson roses in an old stone crock; the smell of newly baked bread; candlelight on old brass; the soft brown of a dog's eyes. -Peter Marshall












happy thanksgiving to you Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment