Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year-A New Beginning

It's a brand new year! A new calendar, first page! A fresh, crisp,clean sheet of paper! What will we write on it?



Every day is a fresh beginning.
Every morn is the world made new.
You who are weary of sorrow and sinning,
Here is a beautiful hope for you-
A hope for me and a hope for you.

Every day is a fresh beginning;
Listen, my soul, to the glad refrain,
And, spite of old sorrow and sinning,
And puzzles forecasted, and possible pain,
Take heart with the day! and begin again.
-Susan Coolidge



Not for one single day can I discern my way,
But this I surely know-
Who gives the day will show the way-
So I securely go!
-John Oxenham




"I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year,'Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.' " -M. Louise Haskins   (quoted by King George VI in a radio speech at the beginning of World War II)




"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh Him. It is good that a man should both hope and quiely wait for the salvation of the LORD." Lamentations 3:22-26


 So as we plunge into this fresh new year, GO WITH GOD!







No comments:

Post a Comment