Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our Winter Break

Today my children went back to school after their Christmas holiday. Remembering the old tradition of writing a paper on "What I Did On My Summer Holiday" I have decided to post pictures of our Christmas break activities.
One of the first things they asked to do was to make gingerbread men or houses! We had a lot of fun together mixing up our own homemade dough.


This is my little helper, David




I decorated these men and ladies to give to all my nieces and nephews on the Kelly side


Julia and David proudly display their handiwork...


Julia is turning into a great reader. She enjoyed reading to David over the holiday. David has loved looking at books since he was a toddler. He is in first grade and beginning to read, also.


Their school is involved in a program that gives rewards for reading 25 books a month, sometimes a free ice cream treat from Braum's or pizza from Pizza Hut. This incentive really works!


We were happy to have a White Christmas! A real blizzard here in Oklahoma...cars piled up all over the roads...one friend was stranded all night after getting stuck in a drift...We heard there was a 50-car pileup on Hwy 40...


Our great joy was to have Ben able to come home on holiday leave from Camp Pendleton, CA. He got stuck in Flagstaff, AZ in a snowstorm and traffic pileup for 4 hours, but he made it in safely. I think he enjoyed shoveling the snow off our front porch.



We celebrated Christmas with our little family on Christmas Eve, since we had planned to go to The Farm for the Kelly Christmas on Christmas Day. But the Blizzard changed all our plans. We did get there Christmas Night, but all the other relatives made it Saturday. Here we are, still at home, having a Merry Little Christmas...

Alison couldn't put her phone down just for an hour!


David acting bashful...


Julia full of excitement...


Ben and Al exhausted...

Now Off To The Farm for the Kelly Christmas and get together of the KKK (Krazy Kelly Klan or Kids)



The ladies had a tea party for lunch, complete with hats, while the men sat in the kitchen eating homemade chicken noodle soup.


I don't know why there is Diet Dr Pepper on the table, Dad does not like it!


Here I am in a hat that was pulled off a bedroom wall! Tenaye, my niece, could hardly bring herself to wear a hat...


My nephew, Teddy, and my 2 sons, Ben and David. David loves having Ben back home for a few days...


Here they are again, taking a Winter Nap together...


Ben's Dress Blues uniform alongside a pile of presents and pillows. Mom and Dad's house was full to capacity. Every room full, and the living room floors too! We had a very happy holiday together, although it was considerably shortened due to the weather changing everyone's plans. I am so glad for our close family ties. Again I will say, God Bless Us Everyone!








1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is Ranelle Cole. :) I found your blog a round about way. :) Shelese is a follower of this blog AND the Church of God Young People blog that Jessica Hertwig has started. So, here I am! I enjoyed this post... especially the pictures of David always wanting to be with Ben. :) We're praying for Ben and Gerald - and all the others in the military! And our country!

    God bless, Ranelle

    ReplyDelete