Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rise Up O Men Of God

Here is A Song And A Prayer for all the men of God in this new year of 2010.

Rise up, O men of God!
Have done with lesser things.
Give heart and mind and soul and strength
To serve the King of kings.

Rise up, O men of God!
The kingdom tarries long.
Bring in the day of brotherhood
And end the night of wrong.

Rise up, O men of God!
The church for you doth wait,
Her strength unequal to her task;
Rise up and make her great!

Lift high the cross of Christ!
Tread where His feet have trod.
As brothers of the Son of Man,
Rise up, O men of God!

William P. Merrill, 1911




An Empty Vessel

Behold, Lord,
An empty vessel that needs to be filled.
My Lord,
Fill it.

I am weak in faith;
Strengthen Thou me.
I am cold in love;
Warm me and make me fervent
That my love may go out to my neighbor.

I do not have
A strong and firm faith;
At times I doubt and am unable
to trust Thee altogether.
O Lord,
Help me!
Strengthen my faith and trust in Thee.
In Thee I have sealed
the treasures of all I have.

I am poor;
Thou art rich,
and didst come to be merciful to the poor.

Therefore, I will remain with Thee
-of Whom I can receive-
But to Whom I may not give.

Amen.
Martin Luther 1483-1546



RISE UP, O MEN OF GOD!









No comments:

Post a Comment