Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2nd Time Around Tuesday

This is my first time to link up with Diane at 2nd Time Around Tuesdays! I am a thrift store shopper, not a garage-saler. There is a pretty good one really close to where I live, so I go quite regularly, and I donate my castoffs there also-somehow it is connected with Habitat For Humanity. Once I bought a bicycle there for my little girl Julia- it's nice that she is not grownup enough for this to be distasteful to her! When we went to California last May for our son's graduation from Marine Boot Camp, I found water shoes for us to go to the beach in, at great prices! You know, I remember when I was a little girl, my older brother who is 10 years older than I, would talk about going to Goodwill with his girlfriend, and I somehow thought that was beneath us...Now I enjoy going myself! Not stuck-up anymore I guess...It's great that you can stumble on some really NICE finds sometimes. I bought an upholstered plaid chair for my daughter Alison- who is fixing to move out and share a house with her best friend- that looks brand new, for around $30.00. My latest treasure from a resale furniture store is a great recliner for ME! I paid $80.00 for it, but that's so much better than brand-new prices. By the way, my husband has been in Real Estate sales for a few years, and I have bought several NICE shirts for him...at the Thrift Store! You know, I really thank God for the "plenty" that our country has been blessed with...I know people in other countries would be thrilled to have at their disposal the things in our thrift stores! not to mention all the places to buy brand-new things...I have praise in my heart almost every time I stock up on groceries again, for the readily available goods in the United States.

So for a few of my latest finds! I happened on this wonderful teapot for my little ones...

I bought this pitcher to keep my utensils in by my stove...

...and I bought 2 matching lampshades for my piano lamps!
These were brand new- the only thing "wrong" with them was one strand of the beaded trim was missing. If you look really close at the picture, you may be able to tell- it's right in the front.
Don't you think I made a great find?!

Thanks to Diane for hosting this "blog party"!






1 comment:

  1. Excellent finds! I especially love that pitcher; great idea to keep it by the stove for spoons, etc. It is charming!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete