Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Linking up today with http://rhondisrosecoloredglasses.blogspot.com/ to share something I am thankful for! What I have on my heart to praise God for today is...the HOPE I have in Christ! To quote from an old song, "Hope has brought us through the dangers and temptations of the past, and we fear not those to come." God has been SO FAITHFUL to help in my life up til now, and I KNOW He will continue to be my Good Shepherd. My soul rejoices in Hope! "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." -Romans 5:1,2
I have another prayer from Thomas Merton to share- thanking God for special grace and love and communion with the Heavenly Father. I hope it blesses someone today and inspires praise in the heart.


We Give Thee Thanks

We give Thee thanks, O God,
for great moments of joy and strength that come to us
when by a strong and special movement of grace
we are able to perform some act
of pure and disinterested love.

For the clean fire of that love which floods the soul
and cleanses the whole man
and leaves us filled with an unexpected lightness
and freedom for action.

For the moment of pure prayer
which not only establishes order in the soul,
but even fortifies us against physical weariness
and brings us a new lease on life itself.

Glory be to Thee for Thy precious gift!

Thomas Merton (1915-1968)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa
    I'm glad you joined us for thankful Thursday. So many things to be thankful for. The Lord is so good to us.

    ReplyDelete