Sunday, June 20, 2010

God's Prayer Reminder

I cannot tell why there should come to me
A thought of someone
miles and years away,
In swift insistence on the memory,
Unless...
there be a need that I should pray.

We are too busy even to spare a thought for days together
of some friends away;
Perhaps God does it for us -
and we ought to read His signal
as a sign to pray.

Perhaps just then
my friend has fiercer fight,
A more appalling weakness,
A decay of courage,
Darkness,
Some lost sense of light.
And so in case he needs my prayer,
I pray.

Dear,do the same for me!
If I intrude unasked upon you on some crowded day,
Give me a moment's prayer,
as interlude;
Be very sure I need it!
Therefore, pray.

-Marianne Farningham

Prayers being lifted Pictures, Images and Photos

Brethren, pray for us!
II Thessalonians 3:1


No comments:

Post a Comment