Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Episode 2

Welcome to Episode 2 in The Continuing Saga of OUR NEW LIFE.

We had our first real visitors to our new home this past Friday...Stephen and Monica flew up from Tulsa in a little rented plane and met us at the Ponca City Airport for supper at Enrique's Mexican Restaurant, which is famous for their homemade chips. (These chips are puffy and quite different from regular tortilla chips)  Click on this link for an interesting article about Enrique's. http://www.swaviator.com/html/issueSO02/Restaurant91002.html


Stephen is amassing hours for flight time and we enjoyed getting to go up with him! He was in a little two-seater so he got to make many landings and takeoffs as we all had to go up one at a time!
Julia's looking forward to going up!
Galen is looking inside the plane...
He hasn't flown himself for years

David got to go up first with Stephen.
He looks a little nervous!

Let's get ready for takeoff!


Landing just at dusk...it was actually a lot darker
than this picture appears to be.

David is watching the plane land for the last time.
Galen got the last ride.

I even went up! The last time I flew in a little aircraft, I was so nervous I didn't know if I could do it again, but I had no problem whatsoever this time! Before I got married, I used to go up with my brother some, but the last time somehow I changed and didn't enjoy it. Maybe now I'm over all that...

Thanks, Stephen and Monica, for going to all the trouble and expense to come see us! But I know it was fun for you, too...We did fly over our property so got to see it from the air after dark. After everyone had their turn at a flight, we brought S and M over to our house...we're only a few miles from the airport, and I dug out my guestbook for M to sign. The last time I had it out was in 2000!!!! Wow...

Fast Forward...
Then that next day, Saturday, was the 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration for my uncle and aunt in Shawnee. Julia and David went home with Galen's folks for their last visit to the farm before school starts, and Galen and I loaded up another trailer of his outside things to haul to our new place. We are renting some property to a christian organization that helps men and women just getting out of prison to get on their feet, and we had to go to their main location to pick up the rental check. There is an interesting sign on the fenced gate at this place! Thought you'd like to see it...I'd never seen anything like this before.
This happened to be the location for the men...

On a totally other note -
Our son Ben announced his engagement to Diana Saturday. He popped the question Friday night...


This picture was taken at the 50th anniversary party- me and my son's intended... She said she had no clue what was coming when he asked her! I figured she would have had SOME inkling...

And on that romantic note, this ends the second episode in The Continuing Saga of OUR NEW LIFE. Stay tuned for more...


No comments:

Post a Comment