Friday, September 17, 2010

National POW/MIA Recognition Day

I thank the Lord for blessings big and small;
For spring's warm glow and songbird's welcome call;
For summer's lease with clouds that dance and rain;
For autumn's hue and winter's snow white shawl.
I thank thee for the harvest rich with grain;
For tall green trees, a park with shadowed lane;
For rushing streams, for birds that love to fly;
My country's land, the mountains and the plain.
I thank Thee for each sunset in the sky;
For sleepy nights, the bed in which I lie;
A life of truth and peace, a woman's love;
Her hand in mine until the day I die.
I thank Thee Lord, for all these things above;
But most of all, I thank Thee for Thy love.

-Commander Ralph Ellis Gaither, Jr
 (a prisoner for 7 1/2 years
in a North Vietnamese prison camp )
POW Released 1973











No comments:

Post a Comment