Sunday, October 3, 2010

Voice of The Shepherd

CHRIST SPEAKS TO US
WHEN WE ARE FRIGHTENED

"Pluck up thy courage, faint heart!
What though thou be fearful,
sorry and weary,
and standing in great dread of most painful torments,
Be of good comfort!
For I Myself
have vanquished the whole world,
and yet felt I
far more sorrow,
weariness,
and much more
inward anguish too,
when I considered my most bitter,
painful
Passion
to press so fast upon me.
He that is strong-hearted
may find a thousand glorious valiant martyrs
whose ensample he may right joyously follow.
But thou now,
O timorous and weak, silly sheep,
think it sufficient for thee
only to walk after Me,
which am thy Shepherd and Governor,
and so
mistrust thyself
and put thy trust in Me.
Take hold on the hem of My garment, therefore...
From thence shalt thou perceive
such strength
and relief
to proceed..."

-Sir Thomas More,
'Treatise on the Passion'







No comments:

Post a Comment