Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fun with Hot Tea

Time for hot drinks! now that it's December in America...

My little man likes to have tea sometimes with his sister. Today he asked me to make him some Green Tea, because "that's what they do in Japan!" (he has just been learning about that country in 2nd grade at school)
I told him I didn't have any green tea, but I had some other tea "that I think you will like." Actually it is a Rooibos, Lemon Chiffon. I special ordered this several years ago from a shop in Albany, Oregon, where my sister-in-law had taken me when we visited out there one summer. Whenever I make this for the children, they always enjoy it, whereas if I make something like English Breakfast or Darjeeling they may not. 

Now, David is All Boy, as you will be able to tell from these pictures. I don't really know what it is about the "taking tea" that he likes, unless it is stirring lots of sugar into it!

(see my wrapping paper in the background? I've been wrapping Christmas Gifts!)
I found this little teapot for the kids
at a thrift store! I love it



David decides to stir with both hands,
twirling the spoon...
getting the table messy...
I told him to try to be neat and he said, "Boys are different from girls!"
I told him he could be a gentleman, anyway...


So much for the gentlemanly manners!

Julia likes to be a lady!
I gave them some gingersnap cookies to dunk in their tea
(they are in the little jar with the rubber seal)


I love my little chick-a-dee-dee-dees!













No comments:

Post a Comment