Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Sale!

The first of the month my husband had to trade in his work truck for a newer one, because repairing the one he had was almost the price of what the truck was worth. When we went together to pick it up, he wanted me to take the picture I had painted in the art workshop to show the salesman. Our salesman showed it to the others, and one of them asked if I would be interested in doing a watercolor portrait of his little boy! I agreed with much nervousness as this would be my first one, and I had only just completed my first workshop- a beginner! But I completed the project this past Monday and took it to his home, and he and his wife were very happy with it! We had not talked price at all, and I was very happy to accept a check for $150.00 for My First Commission! LOL  Of course, now I am telling myself, "They were just being nice, it wasn't really that good...etc" But I have the money in hand, so there! Here is a photograph of the finished watercolor portrait. I know there was probably more I could have done, but I did not know how to proceed further and decided to call it good. (If you click on the picture, it should open up in a larger format)


2 comments:

  1. I love it! :) I can't believe you're a beginner - NOT POSSIBLE! lol... It's too good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ranelle! You are kind!

    ReplyDelete