Monday, May 2, 2011

YMCA Fun Walk/Run



Saturday a lot of the kids from our school participated in the YMCA's 2K Family Fun Walk/Run and Healthy Kids' Day at the new  facility for the Y in Ponca City. It is a beautiful brand-new building on the edge of town. Our private school had over 30 children show up on the cool, WINDY morning- the first 100 kids to sign up got free shirts, and all the facilities were free for the day. My two really enjoyed the indoor climbing wall! They were too scared to climb up very far, but after getting out of the harnesses they both wanted to do it again! My phone died after I had taken pictures of David climbing, so I could not get a picture of Julia.

In the background in this picture, I am sitting down in a white sweater, and beside me is David waiting for a turn to climb up...

And there he goes! He did not get much higher than this- it was his first time to do anything of the sort, and he was too scared to go farther. But afterwards! "Let's do it again!"

Julia won a door prize! We stayed a little longer than we had planned, just in case one of them would win something...her winning number was 62!  She picked a basket that had several fishing accessories- and a little bit of candy. (The baskets were actually leftover Easter baskets).

I walked the 2 miles, Julia jogged most of the way, and David probably did a mixture of walking and running. It was a little too cold to really enjoy and I kept hoping no one would get an earache...but we all held up fine!



No comments:

Post a Comment