Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's Apple Time But...

I just love the fall of the year! But this time, we won't have apples running all over the kitchen like we did last year...our big apple tree was full of blossoms this spring, but a killing frost took practically all the buds. We did have THREE apples this year! hahaha

WalMart has a new apple variety in (new to me anyway) that is pretty AND delicious! It's called Empire- I bought a brown bag full for 99 cents a pound. They are WONDERFUL! Here is a picture I took of one of them outside my home; the apple is on a glass-topped table, and the leaves are from my own apple-less tree...

Don't you just love the beautiful color of this apple? and the inside is a bright white flesh...I wonder where this variety originates...

No comments:

Post a Comment