Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Latest Crafty Project

A recycle! In our old country home, over 10 years ago, I had in our master bedroom a lot of battenburg lace accessories- like a bedskirt, pillow shams, valance...I have had them in storage all this time and finally decided how to use some of them in our NEW country home.
Believe it or not, this window treatment is made from just my old bedskirt! I cut two sides of the bedskirt in half to make the panels, and then sewed them together with white entredeux that I had left over from my many christening gown projects.


The valance is what was left of the battenburg-edged piece of bedskirt.

I decided something was missing- maybe something like a sheer panel? I decided to order a full battenburg lace panel to finish up my window treatment- I did have a full lace valance to recycle. I just added the new panel to my old valance to get the proper length for this big window in our dining room. What do you think?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment