Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cooking with Julia (my) Child episode 5

Happy New Year 2014!!!!!

Time for New Resolves!

Julia wants me to cook with her so bad...she told me before the New Year got here, "Now Mom, this next year you HAVE to cook with me! I want to know everything by the end of the new year!" haha
really I am not exactly quoting her, but it was something like that.

She is a self starter...not at all like me.

Her Big Sister and Husband gave me a new RED Kitchenaid Mixer for Christmas!
It looks great sitting on my kitchen countertop. So today, being NEW YEAR'S DAY, Julia and I broke it in! We made Easy Yeast Biscuits for supper to go along with our homemade chili. Yes, it is very cold this evening here. By the looks of my recipe card, you would think I made this a lot! I don't know how all the food splashies got on this because I really can't remember the last time I used it.
Julia remarked, "Looks like someone spilled hot chocolate on it." As the name implies, this really was a simple and quick recipe. Actually, it knocked me off my low-carb "roll" for the evening- of course I HAD to taste the finished product! I caved in and ate two...but I will be back on track tomorrow. (promise!) Dear Hubby said, " You save those for me!"
So, our new year is off to a great start, on the resolutions side of things. Another fun resolution I made was to try to empty my tea cabinet of all the teabags I have not been using. I think today I had 5 different kinds of tea :)





No comments:

Post a Comment